:: Previous Page ::
These irritating (or worse) insects quickly catch ones eye and are firmly and instinctively disposed of.
(I am sure I am going to get "oh yuck" comments; But when this insect caught my eye and then found itself examined at 40X under one of my microscopes, I was struck by the iridescence of its wings. Its compound eyes are also amazing; but I will always hate mosquitos.)
- melanie - oh my goodness! that mosquito is amazing!!
the butterfly is pretty too, but it's not every day you get to see a mosquito like that!
- papercut - how about that razor jagged straw sucking thing? makes me itch.
- Adri - oh yuck!
Thanks for the butterfly :)
- Mandy [Pixels & Bandwidth - Quite amazing. What sort of camera did you use to do this?
- weirdweetabix - stunning photo! hate them too but the eyes look great .
- nantel - At least it's dead.
- YAYA - Great pic and one less pest in the world, I'd say your going above and beyond the call of duty today! Your mosquitos proves that beauty can be found in unlikely places. Oh and thanks for the butterfly too. Butterflies are a long time favorite of mine!
- April - I think the picture of the mosquito is too interesting to be gross. The wings look like something you'd buy in a store. Very nice job!
- 'daisies - wow ... that is really beautiful, the colours and detail ... great, I'll never quite feel the same way about squashing one now ;-)
- Robin - Wow! These are both amazing images, great work!
- Will Burnham - Great macro shot. We have mosquitos in our neighborhood that big.
- Sandra Rocha - no "yuck" from me lol not only I also find that stuff amazingly interesting but this is a great capture of the animal :-)
- Ajeetha - I never knew that even musquito's has such beautiful wings and the butterfly is just great.
In compensation for my unusual choice for the theme, here is a picture of a classic eye-catcher: a monarch butterfly.
Enter a comment..